Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Next Few Weeks

I'm still here - and if any of my readers are, bless you for sticking with me during this "posting drought" of mine.  I don't really have an excuse, but I can say that I just haven't had that much to say.  I'm sure you don't want to read about our day in - day out life experiences when they consist of sleeping, eating, watching TV, sibling rifts, typing, etc.  Exciting stuff. 

We are in VBS this week so that has kept us busy enough.  And Brad leaves Saturday morning bright and early for Alaska.  Please check back in every day next week for updates as I'm assuming my hubby will post from Kotzebue, AK, like he has in the past from Kodiak.  I know he is taking his laptop, but I haven't specifically asked him if he plans on blogging.  But maybe this will suffice as my asking? 

I hate to even say this but school is just around the bend.  However, there's still some fun left to be had - I  have decided to take my kids to the Neshoba County Fair this year.  No, Brad is not going.  Too hot and too crowded and too socially active for him.  That's alright, it's his choice.  I, on the other hand, am soooo looking forward to it - it's been a few years since I've been.  I guess you can call it a reunion of sorts - my cousin Wendy will be there also.  We grew up going to the fair together.  For a week we were inseparable, and made lots and lots of good memories together.  I have a  feeling we will be doing a lot of reminiscing!  Of course, I realize it will not quite be the same.  I'm bringing 2 kids in tow and she will have her 2-year-old son with her.  So other than both being mothers now I'm sure we haven't changed a bit!  But FYI Wendy if you are reading this - you will not, and I repeat, will not get me on the Zipper this year.....

After the fair it will be time to start buying school supplies.  I've noticed Wal-Mart already has them out.  For those over-achiever moms.  Hehe. 

Well that's our next few weeks in a nutshell. 

Hope you guys have had a great summer.  Enjoy what's left!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amy,

I am looking forward to it too. I dont think I told you I asked off for Thurs. and Fri so I will stay overnight Thurs.Yay! and yes I have thought about the difference with the kids but Im sure it will be fun even if it is at a different pace. AND I would probably puke my head off now if I TRIED to ride any of those crazy rides.....so don't lose any sleep over thinking I am gonna be asking you to ride the Zipper.lol. -----------------Wendy