Monday, November 21, 2011

Unexpected Reunion

The other night after returning from volunteering at our church's relay center for OCC, the kids and I drove home to find a minivan in our driveway.  In the few seconds between seeing the van and opening the door to our house, we were frantically trying to guess who was here visiting with Brad.  I didn't recognize the van...at first I thought maybe my sister had stopped by but upon a second glance I knew that wasn't my sister's van so I was completely stumped. 

I opened the door to the best surprise we've had in a long, long while.  Our good college friend had stopped by with his family in tow.  They had come to town for an appointment and had looked us up.  Wow!  What a great surprise! 



We had a nice visit with the four of them.  Poptart enjoyed playing with their almost-2-year-old, and I enjoyed holding their 2-month-old! 

You know, that's the great thing about friends.  No matter how long it's been since you've last heard from them or seen them, when you get back together, it's like you've never been apart. 

Thanks guys for looking us up, and we promise, promise, pinky promise to not let that much time go by between next visits! 

No comments: