Friday, March 26, 2010

He's Doin' WHAT?

There's this guy named Patrick McGlade and he got this crazy admirable idea to run across America to raise money for The Arthritis Foundation.

From what I can gather from reading his blog, he started in Huntington Beach, CA, and will end up in Tybee Island, GA.  Here is a map of his route.  Along the way he either stays in hotel rooms or in people's homes that offer to give him shelter and a hot meal. 

My brother-in-law, John Watson, who is a runner himself, heard about Patrick and offered him a place to stay.  Patrick posted about his visit to Philadelphia, MS, on PatricksRunBlog, and I'd love for you to read it.  It's the post dated March 24th.  He accidentally put Philadelphia, AR, but it is supposed to be MS.  But I'm sure if you had run through every state from California to Mississippi, you'd be confused too!  I know I would be!  (Actually, I would be dead). 

No comments: