Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Summertime

Now that all school is over and I am home all day every day with my kids, I have realized there are some really good things about summertime and some, well, not-so-good things.

The not-so-good thing is that we are home all day every day. Gogurt and Poptart woke up fighting this morning. They get along good most of the time, but there have already been moments that I wish for school to be in session (Gogurt's, not mine!). And since we are not really go-getters on the social scene, I am not meeting someone at the park every day, planning playdates every day, or even getting out of my pajamas every day. But truth be told, that's just the way I like it. So, I can't complain that we're home alot because there's really no other place I'd rather be.

The good thing about summertime is the more, much more, laid back schedule we keep. The kids can sleep in, watch too many cartoons, and play with the neighborhood kids in the yard until dark. Probably the best thing to me is the way my typing seems WAY LESS stressful during the summer. It's amazing how easy it seems to be to get my typing done by 5 p.m. when I'm actually home all day to keep up with it. I love teaching preschool, but I can definitely see a difference in my stress level just from being home to type all along during the day.

I realize summer just started, and I also realize that by the time school starts I will be SO ready. Ready to get out of the laid back schedule and into a more regimented one. But for now, we will enjoy our lazy summer days around the house.

No comments: