Thursday, May 14, 2009

Be An Extraordinary Woman!

I've been trying to remember the last time I got away. I mean really got away. For a whole night. Without my kids. Without Brad.

I can't remember a time.

But that's all about to change! I am going to an Extraordinary Women Conference in Birmingham, Alabama. I leave tomorrow at noon. By myself.

I'm meeting my girlfriend there and we are planning on having a great time of worship together. We will be hearing speakers such as Chonda Pierce, Thelma Wells, Karen Kingsbury, and Stormie Omartian as well as hearing a concert from Matthew West. The praise and worship will be led by the group NewSong.

I found out about E-Women through my mom's Sunday School class. They invited me to go to one of the conferences that was held right here in my city last fall. After attending that one, I got online and checked out when I could attend another one. I saw this one in B'ham, and I immediately knew who I needed to take.

Without going into too many personal details, the girlfriend I am meeting has, well, let's just say, she's had a hard 18 months. Her life as she knew it was shaken to its core with one phone call. The man she trusted with her life had done something very untrustworthy and in a split second her life changed. She was forced to quit her job, sell her house, uproot her daughter and move. Through all this, she is standing by her man and waiting for him to return (I'll let you figure out where he is).

She has received very little, if any, support from friends, family, and sadly enough, their former church family. They are showing absolutely no support for him, and since making her decision to stay with him and try to work out their marriage, they are turning their back on her as well. Believe me she has reason to leave him, but she feels God has called her to stay in this marriage, and I support her decision. Brad and I have been a support for them from the beginning and will continue to be there for them. That's why I just knew I had to take her to this wonderful time of worship and praise to our Lord. She needs it. So do I.

This world can throw alot of junk our way. I know that and so do you. And the more "grown-up" I get, the more serious the junk seems to be. Junk that can ruin lives and tear marriages apart. You may not personally have any of this junk in your life (but you will, I promise), but I'm confident you can look around and see the junk everywhere. Junk like lying husbands, rebellious children, aging parents, fairweather friends, lukewarm churches, dead-end jobs, or empty bank accounts.

I don't know about you, but I am in need of a Savior. One to whom I can take all this junk to and throw it down right at his feet.

I'm ready, and I know He is too.

No comments: