Monday, March 30, 2009

I have never even pretended to have a green thumb and one look at my yard will prove that. However, in the last few years I have gotten interested in planting flowers and improving the way our yard looks.

You'd think being married to a turf guy would mean having the best yard on the block. But no. That's okay, I enjoy doing it myself.

I could not stand it any longer so this morning I went and bought my first plant of the season. A simple fern to hang on my backporch. Not knowing how much cold weather we are yet to have, I restrained from buying more.

Last year I tried to concentrate on buying plants that would grow back each year. I have seen some of them sprouting already, and our crepe myrtles have lots of new growth on them as well.

Hopefully I will have pictures to share with you when everything starts blooming. I can't wait!

No comments: