Monday, August 1, 2011

A Backstage Pass

Last night when I was blogging about the fair, it was late and at that moment I didn't know where my camera was and didn't want to go looking for it. 

This morning I have a picture to share with you. 

But first let me tell you a little about how it came about:

On Monday night of the fair, the Miss Neshoba County Pageant is held.  Just so happens, one of Hannah's good friends won. 

On Friday night of the fair, John Michael Montgomery performed.  Now, I was one of JMM's biggest fans back in the early/mid 90s.  I even had a poster of him on my wall.  My sister remembered my infatuation with him and between Hannah and her mother, they arranged for Miss Neshoba County to take me backstage after the concert to meet JMM. 


Yes, JMM has gotten older but then again so have I.  No, his concert wasn't like I remembered it being in Starkville in the 90s, but still, meeting the man was pretty cool

Thanks Sewanna and Hannah for remembering me and setting up this little meet & greet through Jordan.  I'll never forget it!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Yay! I can comment as me again!

I was a pretty big "JMM" fan myself...I was given tickets to see him in concert for my 21st birthday! I think I'm jealous. You really should have stayed for lunch yesterday and regaled us with your stories of the fair.