Monday, May 2, 2011

We're So Over It

It's time.  We can all feel it.  There's no denying it.  It's definitely time. 

I was determined for my two kiddos not to be running after the bus frantically waving their arms this morning.  We would be good little kiddos and be waiting for the bus instead of chasing the bus.  (No, I've never let my kids actually chase the bus, but I think you get the feeling I'm trying to portray here). 

Our mornings as of late have become somewhat hectic, even more than usual.  Before Poptart began Kindergarten this year, all I had to do was get Gogurt up and out the door.  He was so easy.  We would sleep until 6:30 and at 6:45 he was walking out the door completely dressed, fed, with clean teeth and hair. 

Adding another child to the morning routine was a bit difficult, especially I think, because this extra child happens to be female.  At the beginning of the year, we were diligent.  Picking out our clothes , laying out our backpacks, writing lunch money checks, signing any papers that needed signing, etc., etc.  This was all done the night before. 

Somehow in the last few weeks, I've/we've gotten off track.  We're struggling in the mornings just to get out of bed and once we are out of bed, the real fun begins.  Finding shoes seems to be an ongoing issue in our house.  Poptart never likes the clothes I pick out for her and even in her sleeping stupor through squinted eyes can let me know that under no circumstances will she be wearing that to school today.  Even Gogurt, who has always been the easy ones in the mornings, has begun to whine about going to school.  "It's almost over....it's almost over," I keep saying. 

I have 2 weeks left of preschool, and I'm ecstatic about that.  We are meeting at a water park the day before graduation for our end-of-the-year party.  So if I leave off that day and graduation day, I technically only have 4 days left of school! 

Brad's last day of class is today, and I don't think he's ever been happier for a semester to come to an end.  

The kids have approximately 3 weeks left.  Then they can sleep as late as they want (but I guarantee you the first week of summer vacation they will be up bright eyed at 6:15 a.m., ugh)

I accomplished my goal this morning.  Both kids were standing on the curb waiting nicely for the bus.  No running out the door, no yelling back to me, "Mommmmaaa, I neeeed lunnnch monnneeyy!" 

I just hope the bus driver noticed how together we were this morning.  'Cuz it might not happen again until August. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Y'all are totally normal. I'm glad to know I not the only one who gets up almost every day looking for shoes.(hahaha)Hope we all have a GREAT summer.
Wendy