Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Moving Was The Easy Part

Since we moved, I feel like my life has been a whirlwind, and honestly, I'm ready for it to stop.  I want to stop and enjoy our new place!

However, the house we moved out of has to be prepared and ready for the renters to move in at the beginning of March.  So we can't stop just yet. 

This, the cleaning of the house we lived in for 9 years, it turns out, is harder than moving!

We have spent what seems like every spare moment of our lives scrubbing, wiping down, sweeping, painting, and all-around cleaning our old house.  It's a shame we are shining it up like this for other people when we would not even do it for ourselves!

That house is cleaner than it EVER was with us living in it.  I just hope our renters appreciate all this hard work!  But even if they don't, I will know we did it with the right motives.  I want them to be proud of their new house.   

I can't tell you how many times Brad has said to me, "Promise me we will not let our new place get into this shape."  My honest-to-goodness response is, "I'll try." 

And I will.  But I'm not the very best housekeeper in the world.  But I'll try. 

I think after just 1 or 2 good days of work at the old house, it'll be ready.  BTW, I have painted every doorframe in that house, except the ones with the kids' growth charts on them

Thanks for reading, and have a blessed day!

No comments: