Monday, December 20, 2010

Heaven

Not long ago, I was afraid of heaven.  Not really afraid of being there, but afraid of the journey there.  I suppose I was afraid of dying. 

Then I fell in love with Jesus.  And when that happens, you begin to believe as Paul, to live is Christ and to die is gain.  For Christians, it is really a win-win situation. 

Another thing that happens as you get older, other than your relationship with Jesus becoming sweeter, is that people you love die.  And then heaven gets sweeter still. 


Little Allison is in heaven at this very moment.  I imagine her running, talking to everyone she sees (she has 9 years of pent up conversations in her!), and singing beautifully with the angels.  The majority of the people I talked to at the funeral and even conversations I just happen to overhear were talking about how Allison has been perfected now.  She has the perfect heavenly form, what a beautiful, peaceful image. 


As the preacher so beautifully said, we cannot bring Allison back, but we can go to where she is. 


Heaven. 

No comments: