Monday, November 15, 2010

Promise Kept

Saturday was the Fly-In, and I kept my promise!  I went up in a two-seater, just me and the pilot, and it was a little scary to me.  Nice view, but a little scary. 


We were in the air for around 30 minutes and for 29 1/2  of those minutes I think every muscle in my body was clenched.  Apparently, it was a bumpier-than-normal ride, or at least that is what Mr. John (the pilot) said.  It was a windy day and we were getting blown around pretty good.  I had all the trust in the world in my pilot, and I told him I would not panic unless he did. 


We flew over some water and that made me kinda nervous, especially when he said, "The bad thing about flying right here is there is absolutely nowhere to land."  Oh gee, thanks for that reminder. 


All in all I'm glad I did it.  But I don't plan to leave the ground again anytime soon.  I definitely don't like it as much as my hubby and kids do.  They start planning their next trip up as soon as their feet hit the ground.  Not me!  I feel much safer with my feet on the ground.


I did remember to take the camera up with me.  Here are some pictures from the air!:





After we landed, and I was waiting for Mr. John to open the canopy on my side so I could exit the plane, I looked straight in front of me and saw this little sign.  I'm just glad I didn't read it before we took off. 



Thank you Mr. John for a great flight, and for getting me back on land safely! 

No comments: