Monday, November 1, 2010

A Long-Awaited Day

I try to post on Mondays and Fridays since those are the days I work just one job, not two, and I have a little extra time in my day, but Friday came and went with no post, and I apologize for that. 

It wasn't that I didn't have time, I simply was blank.  Writer's block I suppose.  At that time, I felt I had absolutely nothing pertinent, funny, or meaningful to share with you about my week.  I tried to post a couple of things but then realized no one would want to read what I was writing.  I didn't even want to read what I was writing. 

But thankfully today is different.  I know exactly what I want to share with you!

Being involved in a local church is vital to a Christian's life, and you will never convince me otherwise.  We have been at our church for 8 years now, and we feel God is just getting started. 

Yesterday was an especially wonderful day. 

Three years ago, our church realized its dire need for a larger fellowship hall.  Our fellowship hall was small, the kitchen even smaller, and because we always expect a growth in numbers, not a decline, we wanted to prepare for the future.    So with much prayer and the establishment of a building committee (we are Baptists), we were on our way. 

To say the road was easy would be lying.  And I am sure I don't know the half of it.  Our pastor and building committee had many obstacles to overcome, many roadblocks in the way, and at times it almost seemed this project was doomed.  But due to God's provisions and their determination, three years later, we finally crossed the finish line. 

We dedicated the new building yesterday.  But before that service, our pastor reminded us that before a building is dedicated, our lives should be dedicated first and foremost.  What good is a shiny new building if the people using it are spiritually dead?  So before we ever entered the new building, our congregation was challenged.  And I, for one, definitely needed to hear that. 

Once entering the building, we sang, prayed, and heard people speak about where this church has come in its 25 short years.   And then of course, we ate! 

It's exciting to think about all the things we can use the new building for.  Coming up next, our packing party for Operation Christmas Child!

Here are a few pictures from the construction: 






No comments: