Friday, September 10, 2010

Why Am I Sore? Oh yeah....

I fell yesterday at work.  Yes, you read that right.  I fell.  I'm not too embarrassed about it....I mean, I am sharing it with all of you so that means I'm not embarrassed, right?

It happened at preschool and there were only 2 witnesses.  And to my defense, there was something akin to baby oil on the floor where I fell and that combined with my totally non-grip flip flops just wasn't a good combination. 

It's good to be adults about it though.  The two ladies that witnessed it (actually only one witnessed the actual fall, the other had her back turned during the fall but turned to see me splattered on the floor) didn't even act like it was a big deal.  They just wanted to make sure I was okay.  I guess when you get our age, the embarrassment level is trumped by the did-you-break-a-hip question. 

I recovered, and then we all shared other "falling" stories.  While we were talking, and before we had wiped up the slippery stuff, another teacher came around the corner and came close to doing the same thing I did.  She was able to catch herself though.  After that, we got serious about drying the floor. 

I made the comment after the fall that I would probably be sore today, and yes, I was correct.  The ribs on my right side (the side that hit the floor first) feel like I've been punched in the side, especially when I cough.  My knee also has a small bruise on it.

Thankfully, the spot where I fell is not covered by the surveillance video that is constantly recording in our school. So no one can go back and watch the video, in slow motion, of my graceful moment.  For this I am thankful!

Now I'm going to go lick my wounds.  I hope you have a *careful* weekend!

No comments: