Thursday, August 12, 2010

So Far, So Good

Tomorrow will end the first week of school, and so far it's been good.  Really, it's been more than good

Now, I'm not naive enough to think it couldn't turn bad at any moment, especially with Poptart and her turn-on-a-dime personality, but right now we're thankful for one good day at a time. 

Tonight we go for parent orientation.  You know how it goes, sit in their desks, listen to the teacher, and hear about the year ahead.  For me it's one of my favorite times.  I think because I like to teach and I love my children.  Seeing other teacher's classrooms inspires me to step mine up a notch. 

(Speaking of my classroom, I've been busy working there this week.  I think I'm all ready to meet my kiddos on Sunday afternoon.  Preschool starts next Tuesday.  I'm praying for a good bunch!)

Life has definitely been different for me this week.  I put both kids on the bus and walk back into an empty house.  An older, wiser woman I work with at the preschool said it would be kinda lonely sometimes.  Ummm, I'm not feelin' it yet.  Actually, I'm trying not to sound too excited that my kids are not underfoot all day for fear I'll come across as a not-so-loving mom.  Nothing could be farther from the truth.  I love them - I love saying good-bye to them every morning, and I love saying hello to them every afternoon even more. 

Hearing their excitement in the afternoons makes me smile.  They talk over each other (even fighting over) who gets to tell me about their day first.   Gogurt usually only wants to talk about P.E. and lunch, and Poptart tells me who she saw that day (seeing her brother is the most exciting but she likes to see other neighborhood friends as well) and if she got a smiley face on the behavior chart.  That's about all I know from her so far. 

Although she did tell me she made a chicken for me.   I can't wait to get there tonight to see what that's about.

No comments: