Monday, July 26, 2010

Family Reunion

Saturday was our family reunion in Scottsboro, AL.  Usually we would stay with Nana and Pop while we were up there but since they do not live there anymore, we had to find other arrangements. 

Brad's first cousin LeAnn (I hope I'm spelling your name right!), her husband Kelly, and their daughter Hartley offered their place as our temporary home for the weekend.  And boy, are we glad they did!

We had SO much fun!  The kids were immediately drawn to the pool, and after what seemed like forever to them, I finally let them jump in.  Brad and I enjoyed the company of all the family members who dropped by.  It was a reunion-time in itself. 

















The actual reunion was Saturday high on Skyline mountain.  It's beautiful up there, and we enjoy the scenic drive every year.  Poptart was asking one of three questions, "Are we going up a mountain?", "Are we on top of a mountain?", or "Are we going down a mountain?"  It is sort of confusing if you picture a mountain with a sharp pointy top.  That's really not the case.  Once you get on "top" of the mountain, you can go for miles and miles, around curves and up and down hills, before you ever technically start down the mountain.  The mountains of North Alabama are beautiful to me.  Brad says if you live there you sorta get used to seeing it, but I don't think I ever would. 





After the reunion,



more fun at the Walker's house,


church on Sunday, and lunch with the family at Pizza Hut afterwards,


it was time for us to head back home.  Needless to say, my kids did not want to leave.  In fact, they are already trying to plan a return trip. 

Thank you to everyone for such a great time, especially LeAnn, Kelly, and Hartley, for opening your home  to us.  You made us feel very welcome and right at home! 

We love ALL of you!  See ya next year!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Looks like lots of fun! I'm glad y'all made it home safely.

I like the new look to the blog ... I wondered what you would do since your other one disappeared!