Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Karate Kid, the 1984 Version

We've gone Karate Kid crazy.....

I can't tell you how many times I've seen Karate Kid, and am I the only one who gets chill bumps every time I watch Daniel-son gear up to do the crane and win the All-Valley Karate Tournament???  It gets me every single time.  

The other day we caught the very end of Karate Kid III on TV, and it gave me the Ralph Macchio fever.  I had to see more.  Just so happened that one of Gogurt's neighborhood friends' family owns the box set, all three Karate Kid movies plus "The Next Karate Kid" with Hilary Swank.  He let us borrow it and to date we've watched three out of the four.

Mr. Miyagi has some of the best lines in the movies, "Don't know, never been 'tacked by twee." "Wax on, wax off." "Go, find balance."  These are just a few, there are many more, and you have to read these aloud with a Okinawan accent to get the full effect by the way. 

I am probably going to check out the remake of The Karate Kid, the one with Will Smith's son and Jackie Chan.  I'm a little wary though I have to admit.  I don't know how they could ever top the original. 



No comments: