Thursday, June 3, 2010

A Few Summer Activities

Gogurt is finishing up football camp today.  He has really enjoyed it and has learned some of the basics of playing football.  It was held at the local middle school for children 1st through 6th grades.  He told me he was one of the tallest kids there, and definitely the tallest in his age group.  It's good to be tall, but it takes a while to "grow into" your body when you are so tall at such a young age.  But fortunately the only injury he sustained at football camp was a bloody nose.  A football to the nose will do it every time....

Poptart starts gymnastics Saturday.  She will be taking four classes over the month of June.  She is so excited!  I can't wait to see how she does....

This is the first summer I've enrolled my kids in any sort of summer activity.  Usually we just hang out at home and find things to occupy ourselves.  I'm not sure what motivated me to do it differently this summer, but we'll still have plenty of days to be bored creative at home.  (How many times have my kids heard me say, "Only boring people get bored?")  (They despise that saying, by the way!)

I, for one, love summertime.  Preschool's out so I have more time to devote to typing during the day.  It makes for a much less stressful day!  I'm not saying I never get stressed out, but during the summer I only have one job to stress about, not two.  And thankfully the one job I do have during the summer is the one I can do in my pajamas!

Until next time......

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I'll have to remember that "only boring people get bored." I'm sure I can find a use for it!