Monday, April 19, 2010

Extraordinary Women

This past weekend I had the privilege of attending my 3rd Extraordinary Women Conference.  I was first introduced to this conference by my mother and her Sunday School class.  They were attending the conference here in Jackson and invited me to meet them there.  The second time was in Birmingham where I invited a friend who was going through a really tough time in her life to meet me and attend the conference with me.  And the third time was just this past weekend here in Jackson again, alone. 

Yep, I went all by myself.  It really wasn't supposed to be that way (or maybe it was supposed to be that way).  Originally, there was a couple of other people going, but something came up that prevented them from attending, so I said, "No problem, I'll go by myself!"  I don't mind doing things by myself, it's not my first choice, but I don't mind that much. 

There are some advantages to attending alone.  First of all, it is a lot easier finding a seat for one than a group of 12 trying to all sit together!  In a room of 3000 women, all I needed was one little space.  The first night I sat with a group from Greenwood, Mississippi.  Saturday I sat with a couple of nice ladies from around Hattiesburg, Mississippi.  It's funny though, whenever someone would find out you were there alone and not with a group, their face immediately dropped and started apologizing.  It was strange. 

Second of all, there is a certain freedom in worshiping in a room where no one knows you.  I'm ashamed to admit it, but sometimes I feel restrained.  Restrained by the "What will they think of me?" thoughts that run through my mind.  I hope you do not do this, and honestly, I am becoming more unrestrained the closer I get to my Lord.  If the Lord has saved you, you have something to praise him for!  Amen!

I heard Sheri Rose Shephard, Chonda Pierce, and Angela Thomas.  I saw Jeremy Camp in concert Friday night and Mandisa in concert on Saturday.  If you do not know Mandisa from American Idol, that girl can sing!  She had that place rocking and praising the Lord! 

Mark your calendar for the end of March 2011 - EWomen will be returning to Jackson! 

******************
Listen to Unrestrained by Mandisa

No comments: