Friday, March 19, 2010

A Silver Lining

As you know, it is Spring Break around here.  Thankfully, Poptart and I are feeling better so we can salvage the rest of the week. 

Actually, Gogurt and Poptart are at my mom and dad's right now.  They went up there yesterday and will stay for 2 nights.  So, people, that means I am alone in my house right now.  Yes, I said alone.  It is quiet except for the noise of the washing machine and dryer running (I had to do something to feel useful). 

You all know I love my kids, but it is great to have a break.  And now with grandparents even closer (my parents are 1 hour away and Brad's parents are now living in our neighborhood), I feel like there is a chance I might survive this parenthood thing after all!

Brad and I were able to spend some time with a cousin of mine and her husband last night.  They also live about an hour away, close to Meridian, Mississippi, but they drove over to do some shopping.  I think that is the first time we had ever gotten together with them without lots of other family around.  And we left saying we are definitely going to do it again. 

Today I plan on doing very little.  March Madness is in full swing so I'm sure I'll catch a few ballgames today.  And speaking of March Madness, I think my family is finally over the Bulldogs not making the NCAA Tournament.  Which in my opinion was a mistake, of course.  There is a silver lining in this however.  Since they are not in the NCAA tourney, that means they were invited to play in the NIT.  And since they are a #1 seed in the NIT, they will be playing their first games at home in Starkville. 

It didn't take us long to decide to go.  And it turns out my entire family is going, except my dad.  My mom, my sister and her family, and the four of us are all going to Starkville to see our beloved Dawgs in person!  We are so excited!  My kids have never been to a college basketball game so part of my excitement is watching them watching the game.  Of course, Poptart will probably be more into the cheerleaders than anything else, and Gogurt's only question was "Is there a concession stand there?"  When we assured him there was food there, he was good-to-go. 

Even though this year's Spring Break began as a sick one, it looks like it's going to end up being a pretty good week.  And if we win, it'll be even better!

No comments: