Monday, October 12, 2009

A Little More About Our Trip - Plus A Great Song

What a difference a few days make! A few days ago we were sunning on the beach in 90 degree weather. Today it is cloudy and rainy and all I want to do is crawl back in bed.

I hope you enjoyed looking at the slideshow. And just for the record, Brad did that while I was gone to buy groceries. I didn't even know he was doing it-so don't blame me Nana, blame your son!

We had a really good time, and it was a vacation that was definitely needed. Seeing Gogurt and Poptart enjoying the water was so fun! As I've said before, this was Poptart's first trip to the beach and believe me, she took full advantage! I had to drag her out of the water each day.

I can't help but be amazed at God's brilliance when I'm staring out over the sea. I couldn't help but think of the song lyrics to Nicole Mullen's "My Redeemer Lives."





Okay. Now to something very important that happened on our trip. On one of our trips into town, I happened to see a store called
The Chocolate Corner. Well, that was just too good to pass up! Upon my insistance (but it didn't take much), we stopped and went in. I've got three words for you. Rocky Road Fudge.

That was some of the best fudge I'd ever put into my mouth. Let's just say that was not my last visit to The Chocolate Corner.
And if I'm ever close to Gulf Shores again, that will be one of the first places I go!

Another of our favorite places was LuLu's. Great food, great outdoor atmosphere, and a live band playing while we ate. Very kid-friendly but not play-place friendly. Just really good fun for the whole family.

So there you have it. Our trip in a nutshell. Alot of beach time and alot of food. It couldn't have been any better!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for wrongly accusing my daughter-in-law for posting the swimsuit pictures but son you should know better but I still love you both and at least you didn't write about how bad a reader of car tags I am so be greatful for all things and I am very greatful for our beach trip it's something Pop and I will always remember and cherish. Nana

Sewanna said...

Loved the pictures -makes me want to head South RIGHT NOW!! Looks like everyone had a great time. Wouldn't it be fun for us all to be down there together?