Friday, July 31, 2009

TV Diary

Our week of being a Nielsen family is over. I finished up the TV diary and mailed it yesterday. I was encouraged to see that we actually did not watch as much TV as I thought we would. I'm sure being out of town for the weekend and then Gogurt being gone a couple of nights to his grandmother's helped that out (since Gogurt is our most obsessive TV watcher).

There would be some weeks I would be embarrassed to admit how much TV my kids watch. I try to limit it, but it's hard, especially with me working at home and needing at least a couple of hours of peace and quiet throughout the day.

I am pretty sure Nielsen doesn't receive too many diaries like ours. One TV in the entire house and very, very limited cable. Most of our viewing consists of PBS cartoons or America's Funniest Home Videos on WGN, but it repeatedly said the diary was important no matter how much or how little TV viewing was done during your week.

I am still perplexed as to why they gave me $30 to do this....but I'm not complaining, believe me. Nielsen bought Gogurt's school supplies this year!

1 comment:

Michael said...

30 bucks is 30 bucks