Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I Know You've Been Waiting....

for more flower pictures. So here they are. This purple flower is a Verbena. My secret pal at the preschool gave me this plant, and it has done very well! This is an Oleander. I had been seeing these on a property up the road from us and have been wanting one for a while. I bought this for myself for Mother's Day. It hasn't bloomed yet.
And just to keep myself honest and let you know that I still do NOT have a green thumb, I do have a few plants that look like the one below sitting around. I'm trying to coax this sweet shrub back to life, but I haven't had much luck. I'm not giving up yet though.


And last, but not least, is the ever-popular fern that is about impossible to kill. I have learned though that you can't water a fern from the top. The water just runs right through. Fill a bucket (I use a 5-gallon bucket) with water and sit the fern down into the bucket of water. It works!
And maybe you noticed my new windchime? Yes, it's from Alaska! Thanks honey!

I also have a canna lilly (finally!) blooming. And I also bought a Mexican petunia. I don't have pictures of those yet, but maybe they will be in my next plant picture post. I know you can't wait.

No comments: