Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Your Well-Being Is At Stake!

I wanted to share the results of a study I read about on Yahoo. You may have seen it. It was a survey of American's well-being. It was conducted by Gallup along with Healthways and America's Health Insurance Plans.


This survey was to determine the measure of people's well-being. It asked questions such as "Did you smile alot yesterday?" "Are you satisfied with your job?" "Did you eat healthy all day long yesterday?" "Do you feel safe walking alone at night in the area you live?"

After all 42 questions were answered, they compiled a list of the states in order of their citizens well-being.

So here's the results. I know you just cannot wait to know how your state ranks.

Okay, if you live in Utah, your well-being is off the chart. Utah-ians are good at being well I guess. Second was Hawaii. Third Wyoming. I've never been to any of those states, but apparently I need to go.

Now the bad news. The three lowest states in the well-being rank are Mississippi, Kentucky, and dead last is West Virginia. Could it be the coal mines?

So there you have it. American's well-being according to Gallup and some insurance companies. I am sure they spent alot of time and money on this study. I just can't quite figure out why.

Wherever you are, I hope your well-being is ummmm, well. If not, I propose moving to Utah, or Hawaii, or perhaps Wyoming.......