Saturday, July 23, 2011

The Final Day in Kotzebue

Well, this is it.  The final day in the Kotz.  It has been possibly the busiest yet.  We woke this morning and started back on our wall repair work.  We took out a rotten piece of wood and replaced it with new, replaced "studs" that we had removed, and started cleaning up a little.  While we waited for John to pick up the insulation for the wall, I did something I hate and never dreamed I'd do in Kotzebue.  Weedeat!

After the weedeating was done, Ronnie and I got down to installing the insulation.

After finishing the insulation, we added strips of ripped plywood to the studs to make the surface level for the sheet rock and then added a layer of plastic.

After the plastic, we placed the new cabinets and countertop.  Although we didn't officially finish the project, I feel like we got alot accomplished for two amateurs. 


After the work was completed, we had dinner and got to ride ATV's on the beach.  Probably the highlight of the trip for me.  I'll post some of those pics later.  For now, I'm going to bed, because I'm headed home in the morning. 

1 comment:

Amy said...

Let's see, since being in Kotzebue, AK, you have dug in a mudhole and weedeated. Anyone else see the cruel humor in this? Can't wait to see you safe and sound back home in (hot) Mississippi.