Saturday, April 9, 2011

I Forgot I Belonged To This Club

The "Pet Owners Club!"

Ellie is doing very well, much better than the nightmare I had imagined it could be.  Although I think it's easier because she is living outside.  No potty training! 

I took Ellie last Thursday for her little "procedure," if you know what I mean. 

And it is now official -  

She will throw up in a moving vehicle. 

 If you remember, she threw up twice on the way home from the shelter.  We were hoping it was just nerves, being taking from her momma and all. So I was curious how the 15-minute drive to the vet would be.  I had her in a plastic box, the bottom covered with towels.  She vomited twice. 

When we got to the vet, there was a little Dachshund with a big attitude in the waiting room.  I was surprised at my instinct to "protect" my animal.  I picked Ellie up and told her everything would be okay.  I never thought I would talk to this dog like I do. 

I left Ellie and hoped the surgery would go well.  Brad and the kids went back to get her later that afternoon.  And I received only two texts from them.  The first said, "There's vomit #1".  The second said, "And there's #2".  

Okay, so we won't be able to take Ellie with us on a Sunday drive or on a long vacation.  Maybe she'll grow out of it?  Not sure.....

So far I like being in this club.  I have found that there are many, many people in this club - all willing to sit and talk about their pets.  And like our kids, we all think we have the very best pet in the world!

No comments: