Monday, May 10, 2010

The Last Week of Preschool!

It's been exactly a week since I've posted last.  To say this past week was busy would be an understatement.  Brad had somewhere to go every night, and I was slightly overwhelmed with the amount of typing I had.   Add a busy week at preschool to the mix and I was more than slightly feeling overwhelmed.  Add a stressed-out husband to the mix and well, I was ready to throw up my hands. 

But after a great, restful weekend for both me and Brad, I feel rejuvenated and ready to tackle this last week of preschool!

Yes, it's the last week.!  Hooray!  Actually, tomorrow will be the last day in our classroom.  Wednesday we are headed to the park for our end-of-the-year party and then Thursday is our graduation.  We've been practicing the singing portion for a while but last week we took the kids into the sanctuary and practiced marching in, one by one, slowly, up the aisle. 

I'm telling ya, the first few notes of  that graduation song gets to me every time, but when I saw Poptart walking down that aisle, I almost shed a tear.  Almost.  I don't know if I'll cry Thursday or not.  I will have to hold it together somewhat since I have to speak in front of the entire crowd about what a great year it's been and how much I've enjoyed teaching their child.  Then I call each child in my class to the front to get their "diploma."  It's really sweet, but I do get nervous about speaking in front of a crowd. 

This year has gone by fast.  I know I always say that, but this year I really, really mean it.  It's just unreal that it is over and Poptart will not be with me at preschool next year.  Poptart overheard a conversation at school about doing something new next year, a bicycle parade, and she was getting all excited about it.  I had to break her the news, "Honey, you won't be here next year!"  But I quickly assured her that she would be doing even better stuff in Kindergarten. 

Hopefully it will not be a week before I post again.  I plan on posting pictures from the graduation.  I can't wait for you to see Poptart in her cap & gown! 

No comments: