Monday, November 30, 2009

What A Great Weekend!

We had a great Thanksgiving with my family.  It's always great to see all the family together in one place. However, I am worried about some of them....they were getting up at 3 a.m. on Black Friday to go shopping.  How do you drive anywhere at 3 a.m.?  I would love to hear how the shopping went if any of you would like to comment (since I now know you occasionally read but never comment).


Even though I wasn't up at 3 a.m., I wasn't far behind.  I was getting up at 5 a.m. to head out to Atlanta, Georgia, to volunteer in the processing center for Operation Christmas Child.  If you've read any of my previous posts, you know what this is all about. 


We had a group of 8 people from our church go to volunteer, and we couldn't have had a better trip.  God blessed us with safe travel there and back and for that I'm thankful.  While there, we worked 8 hours over two days in the processing center.  I enjoyed it a whole bunch, and I think it is safe to say everyone else did too. 


Other than working in the processing center, we had fun visiting a local mall, eating together, and just hanging out together in the hotel.  I am already looking forward to next year!


So without further delay, here are some pictures of our time in the processing center......






















































1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GLAD YOU ALL ARE BACK SAFE AND HAD A GREAT TIME.
I WENT SHOPPING AND DID LEAVE AT 3 AM BUT DIDN'T DRIVE HAD A GREAT TIME YOU MEET SOME INTERESTING PEOPLE IN CHECK OUT LINE THAT LAST AT LEAST AN HOUR. GLAD THIS ONLY TAKES PLACE ONCE A YEAR.
LOVE YA, NANA