Tuesday, October 6, 2009

From Flu House to Beach House!

Thank goodness I can now say everyone is well in my family (physically anyway!) The flu, and dare I even say, the swine flu, is not as bad as I had expected it to be. Poptart was hit harder by it than Gogurt. I guess that is why they are immunizing children under 5 first. It is a little harder for them to fight it off once they get it.

So now I'm proud to announce that we are going from the flu house to the beach house! That's right--we're headin' to the beach! Fort Morgan, Alabama, to be exact. Brad's parents are already there in a beach house they rented for the week, and we are going to join them on Thursday and stay through the weekend.

To say my kids are excited would be an understatement. Especially Poptart. She has never seen the ocean, never played in the sand on the beach, never even been remotely close to the ocean, so she is beside herself with anticipation.

The two adults are excited too--I think we're most excited about watching Poptart's expression when she first sees the ocean. It will probably be anti-climactic, but I am just curious to see how it goes.

A special thanks to my in-laws for letting us bum off them for a couple of nights. Giving us a beachfront view AND buying Gogurt camo pants?!? How much better can it get?

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I am so jealous ... I hope y'all have a great time, though!