Friday, August 28, 2009

A Weekend Getaway

We leave this afternoon on our annual family camping trip. We're all really excited, especially the kids, about living in a cabin for the next three nights. I use the term "camping" loosely. We are not roughing it by any stretch of the imagination. We are in a cabin with a TV, microwave, nice beds, etc.

My parents and my sister's family are meeting us there. This will be the 7th year (I think) that we have done this as a family. It is one of my favorite times of the year as it is getting harder and harder to get the whole family together.

I took the day off from typing today and Monday. Freedom! But I've been busy cooking, packing, and trying to get my house in some sort of order (we are almost finished with the new floor, just the hall left!)

I am not sure when I'll have a chance to post again--I assume we will be totally disconnected from any internet service while at the park. But I'll be back as soon as I can, maybe with some pictures!

By the way, in case you are interested, we are going to Clarkco State Park. Mississippi has some really wonderful state parks, and if you've never visited one you should!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I hope y'all have a great time! We'll miss y'all Sunday.