Monday, May 25, 2009

Last Day on Kodiak

Well, today is it, the last day on Kodiak. It has been a great experience for me. I have to admit I haven't been as bold as I would have hoped but I have been faithful to serve where asked. As I reflect on the past few days, I realize how far I have come in my walk. But I also realize I have so much further to go.



Two years ago and before that, I would have never been usable here-let alone come. But God has transformed my heart and mind so much that here I am. Just blessed to have been able to serve, no matter how small. I have truly enjoyed every single minute here. I know that is amazing to you who really know me (Amy), but it is true. I have never had such a wonderful stretch of time where I felt this good about myself or my faith. Even in feeling weak in witnessing and sharing with strangers, I have felt good to have experienced it. I am definately changed because of this place and the people I have met. I wanted to leave you this morning with a pic of the group I have been spending most of my time with. The Summer Missionaries. Pray for Brandon, Kevin, Jessica, and Meghan. Pray as they serve this summer here in Alaska along side David, Brenda and others. Pray for their safety and strength. Pray most of all that they will see the powerful hand of God move in their lives. Until later.....


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just read your last post and to say I or rather we are proud of you is an understatement. You have truly grown into a really good servant of God you have grown not only in your walk with God but also as man husband and father and for that we thank God because with him your walk is truly wonderful to see. God speed to all your new friends in Christ and to you and Bro. Don as you travel home. Love you , Mom & Dad

Anonymous said...

Ready to see you my darling.....hope the trip home is a safe (and quiet) one.

Amy

Melanie said...

Thank you for sharing your experiences in Alaska. I've been offline over the long weekend, but couldn't wait to come catch up.