Thursday, April 28, 2011

Philadelphia Tornado



This is a tornado that went through my hometown of Philadelphia, MS.  If you look at the very, very beginning, the building to the left behind the trees is where my dad worked for many, many years.  The road that turns to the left is the way home.   

Thankfully, my mother, who had been in town, made the decision to go home instead of stopping for a bite to eat.  She was approximately 10 to 15 minutes ahead of the tornado, on that exact road.  She made it home without incident.  Also thankfully, my sister's house, which is only a few miles from there, sustained no damage. 

I'm amazed by weather and what mother nature can do, but this video gives me the creeps.  I guess because I know exactly where it is, and my friends, it's a little too close for comfort. 

Our prayers to those who have lost loved ones in this outbreak of tornadoes. 

No comments: